Thursday, January 17, 2008

4 Miles Yesterday and Off Today

Last night I was in no mood to run. In fact, I really tried to talk myself out of it. But luckily, the warrior in me overpowered the wimp and I dressed up and stretched for my run. When I first started out, I was proud of the fact that I, in a sense, beat myself by running. I didn't want to and forced myself to go do it. My goal of running a marathon is too real to me, so I can't wimp out.

I ran four miles last night. Only the 3rd time in my life I've run at least four miles. It really wasn't that bad. At about 3.2 miles, I had to push myself through the wall, but I actually broke through the wall quickly and ran hard for the last 0.3 miles.

When finished, I didn't feel like I was beat down like on Saturday. All in all, a very good run. I felt good.

I planned on running tonight, just 2.5 miles, but I went out over to my dad's to hang out. They live over by University of Phoenix Stadium, which is on the opposite side of the valley from where I live.

I'll wake up early in the morning for a short run. Saturday, I plan on running 4.5 to 5 miles, preferably 5 miles. We'll see.

No comments: