Tuesday, March 18, 2008

First Run With New Shoes

So last week was a rough week and I didn't run any day except for Monday. That's all I'll say about that.

But yesterday, I finally got new running shoes. It's been a year overdue so I'm very grateful to have the new shoes. I was going to get the same shoes I had, the Mizzuno Wave Alchemy 6, but the store was all out. So I got the Wave Alchemy 7s instead. They felt really springy and gave my feet a lot of cushion. I tried on a different, cheaper pair and they didn't give me the same support.

When I ran last night, I just went for a 3 mile run. But with the new shoes, I really realize how hard my legs had to work to run before. These shoes have so much spring that they really made it easy for my legs to move. I had the fastest 3 mile run I've had since I started running again. I think it was about a 10-minute mile pace.

I felt really good during the run, but toward the end of it, I could tell I was wearing new shoes. My feet started getting hot and my left middle toe started feeling tingly, but I realized that was because my sock bunched up under it for some reason.

Overall, it was a great run and thank goodness for new shoes!

No comments: