Monday, April 28, 2008

Running in Valley Ranch Once Again!!!

Today I had a great run. I didn't really know how far I'd go or how far I wanted to go... I just went.

I started out at the front of our apartment complex (The Trails) and ran south along Valley Ranch Pkwy. I headed west where Valley Ranch Pkwy picks up again (sounds weird... I ran down Valley Ranch Pkwy to Valley Ranch Pkwy). From there I ran up to MacArthur, then north all the way up to Valley of Champions. I took that east to Cowboys, then headed south towards home. I started getting that pain in the lateral part of my left knee about then. I ended up stopping as I passed the Star Center (the hockey rink there in Valley Ranch) and walked the rest of the way home. I didn't want to be hobbled the rest of the day, so that was a good decision.

All in all, that added up to a 4.1 mile run. I didn't think I ran that far because it felt so much easier to run than in Arizona.

I have a hard time running there because it's so dry. Here, the humidity makes life easier. Who knows if that's right or not. It sure feels like it, though.

1 comment:

Harshes said...

Honey, I am so proud of you and your running! You have been doing amazing! You have to write about you 9.5 mile run the other day! Love you, JJ